Thursday, June 4, 2009

My SCUBA Training

So I thought I would update my certification and education status as of last year. Last year I had completed my Advanced Open Water course with Joe and started working on some Specialty courses. I currently have my Nitrox, Deep, Drift, Digital Photography and Dry Suit Specialtys along with the Blue Corner Specialty from my first trip to Palau.

I have been training with Joe and have even had a few friends start to show interest. I got my brother, Gordon, Open Water Certified back in October of 2008 and am hoping to get him out on his first ocean dive soon. Too bad he couldn't make it out to Palau with me, another time though. My good friend Sandy just got his Open Water cert. and Nitrox specialty through Joe while I was getting my Dry Suit and Nitrox. Sandy will be going to Australia in the next month so I got him in touch with Joe to get his training started. I'm excited for his first ocean dive experience being the Great Barrier Reef, he is going to have a blast! He tried to see about coming to Palau with our group but couldn't get out of the pre-planned trip to Australia. Oh well, we'll do a dive trip together someday.

So once I finish the last of my Wreck Specialty and get back to the states, I will need to go through CPR classes and a few more quarry dives to get my Rescue Diver certification and then onto Dive Master! It is very exciting. I didn't think I would ever venture past just the Open Water level but now I am hooked...friends don't call me Fish for just any reason :)
(Yes, that's a shout-out to my LKA peeps! Cross your fingers that I may get to wakeboard at least once this time).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding Pics Mes Be safe and have an awesome trip !
BL

Anonymous said...

6 minutes...thats all..and i won't get your hair wet!! ha ha miss ya a little...have fun and don't tickle the sharks to much!!!!