Friday, June 19, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality - Home bound

Well i made it safely, not comfortably, back home. I had a wonderful time in Palau and hope to go back yet again sometime. I do have to admit that last year's trip was better but i think it was mainly because of the weather this year. We got a lot more rain, heavier seas and limited dive sites. All-in-all i had a great time and added 22 more dives to my log book. It is good to be home but still working on getting back into the groove of things. Went back to work the day after getting home, gotta jump back in at some point so just as well the next day. Jet lag didn't hit me too hard, got as much sleep as i could on the plane and made sure i stayed up till my regular late bedtime hour once home so that i could get back in gear faster. Our flight felt like time travel because we left at 1:45 am on the 15th and arrived home at about 2:00 pm on the 15th. Stopped in Honolulu and said good buy to Andy, Jim and Melanie as they were staying in Hawaii meeting up with Andy's wife and Jim and Melanies daughters for an extended vacation. I wished them good weather and lots of sun so hopefully they are getting some! Joe was not staying in Hawaii so we got our bags, rechecked them in and headed to our gate for the final boarding call of our flight, that was a close one. Onto Houston on another 8 hour flight then our final flight home.

Joe - I want to thank you for giving my arm that final twist into commiting to the dive trip. I had a great time and am excited to further my SCUBA training. Thank you as well for all the assistance with the planning and bookings.

Andy - It is always a pleasure diving with you. You make the waters feel very comfortable and enjoyable. I look forward to helping you with furthering your DAN certifications in any way that I can be of assistance. Glad to be concidered a niece to you :) Enjoy Hawaii with your wife!

Jim and Melanie - It has been great getting to know you throughout this trip. I look forward to diving with you again in the future. May you have a wonderful time in Hawaii and hope the sun warms you up Mel :)

No comments: