Monday, June 23, 2008

The Long Flight Home

Thursday, June 19, 2008Friday, June 20, 2008

I just realized that I have been dating this wrong, or I think I have. Palau is 13 hours ahead of us here in Virginia so today technically is the 20th. Oh well, whatever. I didn’t even know what day it was when I was there. I was on vacation and didn’t care if it was Wednesday or Saturday. Unfortunately I knew that it was the day to leave and I can tell you that after being here for only nine days, I am missing it already. We are being picked up from our hotel at 11:30 pm and taken to the airport. From the airport we are going through customs, which actually didn’t take long at all. Our first flight is from Koror to Guam, which is about three hours. We had a layover in Guam for about an hour then got on a 767 to Honolulu for just under eight hours. Once in Honolulu we have about an hour and 15 minutes to get our checked luggage and then go back through customs and catch our flight to Houston, another eight hours. In Houston we have a five hour layover then hop on a “puddle-jumper” to Dulles Airport, about another three hours. In all it took about 27 hours to get home.

The funny thing is, we leave Palau at 1:45 am on Friday the 20th, and return in Virginia at 5:30 pm on Thursday the 19th. Just crazy the way time works. I am glad to be home but know I could have stayed much longer in Palau. I will go back someday and this time, I am flying first class. Hopefully I will be able to update this more with another diving trip to some exotic place. Hope you enjoyed reading about my adventures. If so, leave a comment, would be nice to see what you have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with me. I have enjoyed your blog and your extremely beautiful photographs. I would like to say that next time you get a chance to go back, I will be able be diving right beside you. You are wonderful. I am grateful you had a safe journey. You have blessed me with new enthusiasm and a drive to get me out into the water as well.
Peace, love, and GREAT BIG HUGS!!!
kT G.