Saturday, June 7, 2008

1 Day to Go!

So my bags are packed and I am working on relaxing the rest of the night, yet my checklist is still running through my head making sure I didn't forget anything. I know once I get on that first of many planes, I will remember something but it will be too late. I am not too worried about it b/c I can always rent gear if I forget something or buy that random item I forgot. But cross my fingers that I haven't forgotten anything since I have been working on packing all week long.

I have one checked bag with my SCUBA equipment, clothes and bottles of sunscreen. I am carrying a backpack which will have my laptop and other personal items as well as a portable DVD player with an iPod dock that Matt got for me for the trip. It's really cool and hopefully will last me a bit. I am bringing Blue Planet to hype me up. If you haven't seen Blue Planet I highly recommend that you take a trip to Best Buy and pick up a copy. I am also bringing a heavy duty SCUBA carry-on called a Pelican, there is no destructing this case. The carry-on is for the underwater video camera that belongs to Joe. Both Joe and Andy will be carrying their extremely nice underwater cameras in Pelicans as well so I offered to carry the video camera. We will be using them on our dives so each of us will man one of the cameras. Will be nice b/c I won't just be behind the camera on this trip. Those of you that know me well, know I am always behind the camera and never in any pictures...hopefully not on this trip. I tried to pack as light as I could and kept taking things out of my suitcase knowing that I probably wouldn't need it. I also want to keep room for any items that I will be purchasing in Palau.

Well time to rest my eyes a bit and prepare for a 37 hour flight plan ahead of me. Joe's brother is taking him to the airport and will be swinging by my house to pick me up at 3:45 AM. Matt was going to take me but after meeting up with Joe to go over some last minute details, we decided it would be easier since he lives close to me.

Hopefully my next post will be written on the beautiful sandy beaches of Palau! And the pictures will be ones that I took personally :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust you made it there with no complication! I hope you're having the time of your life while there, babe! I miss you already.

-MTE

Anonymous said...

I request two sharks, one Giant Squid, 6 Sting Rays, and 3 Electric Eels; for then, my plan will be complete. Mwuhaahaahaa!!

Have Fun in Pulau!

- J.J. Dynomite.

Anonymous said...

Stop having fun and share the goodies